Old 12-01-2009, 07:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Question from a newby

The message
from Charlie Pridham contains these words:

Not having moles here, but is it possible to put barriers around? or do
they have to go too deep?

I buried corrugated iron and wire netting round a greenhouse, to a depth
of two feet. Within a couple of months they'd undermined all my tomatoes
and cucumbers.

Got a pair with moletraps, and another couple later with a 12-bore, as
they were making molehills.

I had thought that there was too much fuss made about moles on this
newsgroup until I visited my cousin up near Cambridge, they can not
safely walk across their garden its so undermined!

Yup. I had to keep my land clear of them for fear of the bullock
breaking a leg. The goats - er - took them in their stride...

I understand its a bit of a compliment to have moles as it means lots of
worms and good healthy soil :~)

Likewise nettles.

Aren't compliments fun?

--