Old 14-01-2009, 06:15 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Drought

On Sun, 11 Jan 2009 11:21:48 -0800, Billy
wrote:

FarmI, and any other farmers who live in drought stricken areas,
I would appreciate hearing on how you are coping and what plants are
performing best for you.

It looks like we are in for another year of water rationing here
in northern California, due to lack of precipitation and the need to
provide our endangered salmon with sufficient water for spawning. The
water also gets sent south so that people can grow lawns and hose down
sidewalks in the great desert that is southern California.

Yes, I've "googled" drought resistant vegetables and found some good
sites like
http://extension.oregonstate.edu/new...toryType=garde

Looking forward to any advice you can offer.

My first thought is to use soaker hoses. They make the best use of
what water you can afford to irrigate with.

--
Susan N.