Old 14-01-2009, 06:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Question from a newby

"Pam Moore" wrote in message

There is a wild plant known as "caper spurge" also called the "TheMole
plant". When I had a mole on my allotment I was told to encourage the
plant. It seemed to have no effect.
I later heard Bob Flowerdew say on GQT that it was known as "The mole
plant" not because it kept black burrowing creatures away but because
the sap was used to treat moles on the skin. I've never had the
opportunity to try it. The sap is certainly not nice on the skin, as
with other euphorbias.

Warts can certainly be removed by using the milky exudate from a lot of
plants, but moles - dunno about that???? Given that certain moles can end
up doing very nasty things, I'd leave them well alone.