Old 15-01-2009, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default How early do you plant peas?

"beecrofter" wrote in message
On Jan 11, 2:11 pm, "Zootal" wrote:
Here in the Wilamette Valley, western Oregon, the OSU Extension office
recommends planting peas in January. Has anyone planted peas in January?
How
well did they do?

if the soil is cold they probably just rot but if your patch is small
seed is cheap and getting the jump on things is fun and worth an extra
sowing if the first fails

I read somewhere that you could start them in a peat pot and plant them
outside just as soon as they germinate. I'm going to plant some this seekend
and see how well they do - I have plenty of pea seeds, and nothing to loose!