Old 15-01-2009, 12:12 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Some gardening safety tips...

Jonno wrote:
Some important warnings, DO NOT post advertisements, DO NOT post your
REAL NAME or EMAIL, and DO NOT post ANYTHING to this email forum that
you do not want search engines to find, and DO NOT post CONTACT INFO
of any kind. This will prevent a lot of problems in these areas...and
will help stop your own computer from being compromised....

Giving your correct email will certainly produce a deluge of spam, there are
bots that trawl newsgroups looking for just that. But what will somebody do
with my real name? Given the many places names can be found isn't this a
little paranoid? Now for those who may not want to be accountable for what
they say (not saying everybody who gives a false name is like that) I can
see why they would want to be anonymous.

David