Old 15-01-2009, 02:03 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default permanent living mulch/cover crop on a vege garden

In article
,
AndyS wrote:

Andy writes:

As far as I know, anything "living" will compete with the plants
you want
for nutrients. And I saw on the Discovery Channel than many plants,
including grasses "exude" something that retards the growth of other
plants
around them, in order to enhance their own survival....

I will be watching this thread to see if anyone comes up with a
suggestion
for you, since it is an idea that has benefit to all of us, if
possible. But I
really don't think it's going to work out......

Good luck.

http://www.avant-gardening.com/companion.html

May be of interest.

Bill

More always more

http://www.avant-gardening.com/companion.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_companion_plants
http://www.altdotenergy.com/renewabl...aculture-compa
nion-planting/
http://www.seedsofchange.com/enewsle...n_planting.asp

Winter a good time to peruse. Promise of 5 degree F tonight.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA