Old 15-01-2009, 02:35 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Chas Hurst Chas Hurst is offline

Default ZTR mowers

"KingFish" wrote in message

"Chas Hurst" wrote in message
. ..

"Art" wrote in message
Red wrote:
I've got a flat 1 acre lot and am considering getting a smaller ztr
mower. I just compared the cub cadet and troy bilt 42" mowers and
found that they are made by the same company (MTD) and virtually
identical except for 1hp difference in the Kohler engine. Even most
parts are interchangeable. Well, maybe the cub cadet has a few minor
niceities. So my question is: is the cub cadets 1 extra hp (20 vs 19)
and a few minor features worth the $300 price difference or is it
paying for name recognition only?
Yeah, I know the Kawasaki engine is better but they only come on the
larger size mowers.

Red

Both are pieces of crap. Don't throw away your money, buy a decent
machine.

--
Art

Please give us reasons why.

MTD

So what is a decent machine? You answered only half my question.