Old 16-01-2009, 04:19 AM posted to rec.gardens
gardengal gardengal is offline

Default Help ID this stepping stone?

On Jan 12, 7:37*am, jzfredricks wrote:
On Jan 13, 1:24*am, Sheldon wrote:

It's obviously red slate, one of the more scarce colors. *Chances of
finding an exact match is slim. *

ty both.

I'm not after an 'exact' match, just something pretty close.

I like the 'smoothness' and uniform colour of the stone. Not the
colour itself, just the fact that it's not 'messy'.

googling 'quartzite' led to some interesting research. I'll go check
out 'red slate' now.

thanks again.

How anyone can determine from just looking at a photo......and not a
very large one, either.....exactly what type of stone that is is
really quite remarkable. There are literally 1000's of different kinds
of flagstones available. It is not "obviously" anything, but it could
be some type of sandstone. Not all kinds of flagstone are available
everywhere......stone tends to be rather regional in its nature as it
costs a heck of a lot to ship any distance.

Your best bet is to visit your local stoneyard, photo in hand, and
look for something that comes close to that in appearance.