Old 16-01-2009, 06:03 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
muffinnman muffinnman is offline

Default How Cold at Your Pond?

On Jan 15, 5:45 pm, "ReelMcKoi" wrote:
"JB" wrote in message

m...

I'm located in central Arkansas. They're predicting lows of 13 on Thurs

day
night, the coldest so far. Just curious, what's the temperature like at
your pond?

TIA

JB

It's 25F right now and they're frozen over. The air-pump conked out an

now
the entire surface is frozen. :-( It's supposed to go into the sing

le
digits tonight.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.

I'm at -2 here this morning in Massachusetts. I'm at 7 feet deep, so
there's room for freezing over. The air pump is working up a storm
and the ceramic heater has the insulated pump house above 40...