Old 16-01-2009, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default First frog

On 16/1/09 15:17, in article ,
"Pam Moore" wrote:

On Fri, 16 Jan 2009 13:26:24 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 16/1/09 12:03, in article
, "robert"
wrote:

The first frog of the year sighted. I noticed some movement in the pond
a couple of days ago but today a definite sighting. This is 3 days
earlier than 2008 which is a bit surprising given the recent very cold
spell, four weeks earlier than 2007 and six weeks earlier than 2006.

I'm really glad you've seen yours - no sign of our toads yet but it would be
very early for them. I read that in some colder parts of the country an
entire generation of froglets has been wiped out.

My neighbour found a frog frozen in the ice on her pond!

Pam in Bristol

Oh, poor little brute! I bet there'll be more like that. ;-(

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com