Old 11-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Lynne

Default Seeing the obvious...

This reminds me of one I saw growing on an upscale Delaware property. It was
a large woody shrub or small tree, typical citrus-like foliage, lots of
hellacious thorns on it, and several lemons that were hard and didn't smell
like the common edible ones, although did smell sorta citrusy. I never did
find out what species it was, but it sure made a formidable barrier.

wrote in message

I found a tree like that in the woods, with some round yellow fruits on
it. I took some to a family get-together to see if anybody could ID them,
and they turned out to be lemons. This was surprising, considering this
was in the Smoky mountains, hundreds of miles farther north than any
lemon should be able to grow. I've got my fingers crossed trying to
sprout some seeds now.

Sean Quinn