Old 17-01-2009, 02:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default First frog

On 17/1/09 11:31, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:25:22 +0000, AriesVal

wrote:

On Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:05:39 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Gale warning 1551 Fri 16 Jan

Portland, Plymouth
Southwest 6 to gale 8, increasing severe gale 9, perhaps storm 10, later.
Rough,
occasionally very rough in Plymouth. Occasional rain. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor

Horrendous, isn't it? she says, gazing out of the window at a light breeze,
sunshine and a fairly clear sky!

Same here atm - calm before the storm I reckon!

How many more are you going to have? Friday was calm before the storm day in
Sennen.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/..._forecast.html

Plymouth
Gale warning 0354 Sat 17 Jan

Southwesterly severe gale force 9 increasing storm force 10 soon
Shipping forecast 1130 Sat 17 Jan
Wind Southwest veering west 6 to gale 8, increasing severe gale 9 or storm

10
for a time.
Sea State Very rough or high.
Weather Rain or squally showers.
Visibility Moderate or poor."

Time to change the sea weed?

I'm trying to remember the actual time lags in 'soon' and 'imminent'. But
it is windier here now at nearly 3pm, though nothing remotely like a gale.
The sky is a bit grey but glints of sun are trying to come through. I think
the wind is probably building because I can now hear it in the chimney but
that's as bad as it gets so far! It's veering S to SW so we will probably
get some rain soon!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com