Old 17-01-2009, 08:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Question regarding transplanting tomatoes

In article , says...

"phorbin" wrote in message
In article 8bbfb6a4-9846-4e8a-b200-
, says...

...... besides, if I have a fish, why would I need corn and

Because a fish will feed you for a day and dried corn, beans and squash,
along with the fish you've preserved will feed you in midwinter?

They dried the fish for winter. I read somewhere they used the fish heads
and entrails for fertilizer, not the entire fish unless they had a real
glut.

I was trying out a smart-ass reformulation of "Teach a man to fish...".

IIRC you are correct, though my recollection goes back 40mumble
something+ years to grade school history.