Old 17-01-2009, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default Question from a newby

"Kathy" wrote in message

"Spider" wrote in message

"Kathy" wrote in message
Hi,

I've been lurking for a bit, but now I've got a question to ask please.

My friend and I took on an allotment in November. We have started
clearing it, but have been invaded by moles! Any ideas on non-harmful
ways of discouraging them? We've asked them nicely to go and burrow
through the bits we haven't dug yet but they wont play.
TIA

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.

Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the ng. I can't help you with moles, alas, never had them.

Should I be offended by your signature line??! {:~)

Spider

Don't be offended, it's a slightly mangled line from a book I read last
year. It just appealed to me. I rather like spiders.

--
Kathy

It's pointless to try and discuss ethics with a spider.

Aw shucks, Kathy...nice to know you care! After a 25 year obstacle -
arachnophobia - I totally adore them. Pity there's not a mole-eating
spider.

Spider