Old 18-01-2009, 01:11 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Question regarding transplanting tomatoes

In article ,
Bill wrote:

In article ,
"D. Arlington" wrote:

"Wilson" wrote in message

Most composting frowns on using fatty meat bits as they attract flies &
other vermin besides all that protein breakdown problems. IF you put
chicken bones in your garden, you will attract dogs, skunks, raccoons,
bears and any other host of critters. Been there & done that.

Ditto! Never again. I found compost scattered everywhere as they picked out
the bones and meat scraps.

My dad would save the bones and then burn them. I have a protected
pile which vultures visit. What goes around comes around.

Cool. :-) We have lots of turkey vultures around here.
Beautiful birds that do a very necessary job.

New Electric India 5:13 Shadowfax & G.E. Stinson What Goes Around:
The Best of Shadowfax Jazz

Bill

--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous