Old 19-01-2009, 02:39 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Grass/leaf clippings

In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

Thanks for input on the hackberry tree inquiry.

Mother's yard was also covered with primarily pecan leaves and pecan husks,
along with grass clippings and minor weeds. Used mulcher mower with bagger
attachment, and bagged all 20 bags of it in 30 gallon trash bags. She wants
to leave it for garbage pickup. I'd like to take it all to my place and
allow it to anaerobically decay in a shaded area for a year. My soil is
terribly alkali on PH scale. Would pecan leaf and husk remnants help lean
it towards the other end of the PH scale?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/09/080929104615.htm

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA