Old 21-01-2009, 07:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Are cordless hedge trimmers any good?

"Jim Allan" wrote in message
I'd like a cordless trimmer and wonder about an electric one as
opposed to
a petrol one.

Seems then that cordless electric would not do the job properly in one
session.

GTech telescopic cordless
trimmer which was on offer through the Telegraph last year.( See
http://www.greytechnology.co.uk/HT01.php) I have found it very good,
especially for trimming soft new growth. I also bought a second battery
but so far all trimming has been done on one battery which is worn on a
waist belt.

Now that gives the inventive side of me an idea. How about a mains electric
hedge cutter powered from a belt mounted 12 volt battery and inverter. I
already own all 3 components and never use the electric hedge cutter as I
hate trailing leads, and the garden is so widespread with bits of hedge all
over the place.

This could be the answer to the other thing I hate. Screaming 2 stroke
engines.

Mike