Old 21-01-2009, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Any ideas on best way of sharpening a grafting knife to razor sharpness ??

The message

from Judith in France contains these words:
On Jan 21, 7:58*pm, "Tom" wrote:
"chili-girl" wrote in message

Any ideas

*I sharpen all my knives with a smooth file and then hone them on
the bottom
of a ceramic mug. Use the file to shape the blade and get the angles
right,
then polish all the filing marks out with the bottom of the mug (which is
almost exactly the same grade as a medium ceramic sharpening stone that
you'd pay £'s for)

*I can shave the hairs off my arms with any of my knives.

* *Tom

Do you do underarms?

It's not allowed now - not in first class cricket, anyway.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig