Old 22-01-2009, 04:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Any ideas on best way of sharpening a grafting knife to razor sharpness ??

The message
from Broadback contains these words:
beccabunga wrote:
chili-girl;827940 Wrote:
Any ideas

Our local farm shop will sharpen knives. Worth trying any nearby.

I have always thought that 70% of good pruning, carpentry, or any skill
that needs a tool that is sharpened, lies in the ability to sharpen
correctly. I must admit I a not good, I have files, stones and leather
strops, but cannot get a professional edge. :-(

Probably the quality of the knives' steel.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig