Old 23-01-2009, 02:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Starting From A Fresh

On Jan 21, 6:18 pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:56:27 -0800 (PST), mleblanca

wrote:
On Jan 19, 6:29 pm, gardengal wrote:
On Jan 19, 3:57 pm, Jangchub wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jan 2009 08:06:59 -0800 (PST), gardengal

Pam, is that you?
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com

yep, it's me :-))

Hi Pam!
I thought that might be you. Nice to know that you are still around.
How about sending some of that rain down here to CA. We are DRY!!
I mostly Lurk here and post occasionally.
(Hi to you too Victoria.)
Emilie
Northern CAlifornia

Yeah, send some rain here too! Not a drop that fell in almost a year
did anything to soak the soil around here. My water bill just for my
trees last summer was over 300 dollars. That was JUST trees.

How ya been, Em?
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

Hi V
Well we are doing fine. We had some rain today! Our last rain was on
Christmas Eve
with 2.5 inches. We had a grand total of .7 today, and I'm sure there
was no runoff-
it all soaked in good. With season total of 6.50 we're behind last
year's 10 inches;
which was not great at that, since our Jan 31 average is 14
inches......need to have
quite a deluge to get that in a week. Ha.

Daffodils are getting buds and so are the almond trees. I have tiny
little broccoli
florets and some "mini" spinach in the garden.

The Garden Club planted snapdragons and flowering kale at the Vets
Memorial in
the City Plaza last week, so they got a good watering today too.
Good to hear from you.

Emilie
NorCal