Old 23-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Windowles Windowles is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris anthem um View Post
There are far too many possible problems for me to list, i would suggest you post another message stating everything you do to the plant, with regards to its watering,feeding and location and perhaps the soil type.Good luck and god bless. ps a photo would really help others help you.
Ok, regarding the watering. As the the plant started to do poorly, I watered more, and it did worse. Now I am letting it dry out more, but when the soil down 4 inches is dry I water from the top. (I use a moisture meter). I also try to mist it every couple of days. Every month or two I add a little fertilizer to the water when I water. (20-20-20 all purpose water soluble). Not for the last two months as the plant is not doing much. The plant sits on a stand near a large south facing window with a grow light about 6 inches above the highest branch. When we get up in the morning the light goes on and stays on all day and goes off in the evening. (average 14 hrs a day). The soil is a store bought potting soil with a little sand. I live in western Canada, Latitude: 53°53′00″ (Prince George, British Columbia). The plant has blossomed at least four times, usually more then one blossom at a time. The last time was one, the time before that there were 5 roses. The plant did have aphids about 7 months ago but I managed to get rid of them with a mist of soapy water. No sign of them now.
I am going to try and attach some pictures.
Thanks for all your help.