Old 24-01-2009, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens
enigma enigma is offline

Default We will see if it can be fixed

Jangchub wrote in
:

On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 17:06:49 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

humans are omnivores. we don't need as much meat as western
society tends to eat, but we are evolved to utilize animal
proteins.

Yeah, we also don't have fangs to rip into an animal to eat it.
We use utensils. This is not natural. We don't need any meat
at all, not ever.

i don't know about you, but i have fangs. i have sharp, pointy
eyeteeth perfectly suited to ripping meat.
i was vegetarian for many years because i lost the gut bacteria to
digest meat. i've since recovered however.

untrue. cows are also omnivores. they seek out ground nesting
birds & eat the eggs & unfledged baby birds. they also will eat
mice. if there's a dead snake in the bale of hay, they happily
eat that too.

No, cows are not omnivores. Have you ever seen a cow hunt down
an animal and eat it?

as i said, cows will hunt out and eat ground nesting birds. it's
not accidentally eating a poor little birdy. they look for the
birds.

Because they have the ability to digest
something does not make them omnivores. It makes them vegan
based on their ability to gnash and digest food through a
multi-stomach process. Baby cows are the only animals who drink
milk from a cow. Ever see an adult cow drinking milk? Because
we abuse animals and feed them to other of the same type of
animals, including feathermeal, whole feathers, glop, ground up
animals, corn glop doesn't make them omnivores. I've never seen
a free range cow go for the meal when they have grass. Grass
fed beef is the best beef if you must eat it. Still, even their
muscle tissue is 60% fat.

Victoria, i majored in livestock management. trust me, i know what
i'm talking about. i was quite surprised to find out about the bird
eating too.
i agree that cattle should not be fed grains or what you call
glop. doing so only enriches the pockets of the pharmacutical
industry. cattle should eat grass, & whatever ground nesting birds
they desire.

yes, cows are prey. that's why we eat them. i'd like cites about
meat causing loss of bone calcium please.

Is this enough for you? Or do you need more?

that says that not enough protein is the issue, not that you
shouldn't eat meat.
the other sources have an agenda.

Majority of people do not catch and process their own fish and
slaughter their own cattle for beef. Take a ride to the local
chicken, fish, egg, beef production and processing plants to see
how they are murdered, the deplorable conditions they are forced
to live in while they lay in their own manure and urine for
weeks at a tiime in freezing weather in small pens with
thousands of other cattle, some dead already, to be hung upside
down, throats slit.

oh. i see you do believe PETA.

just as long as you don't support PETA...

Why not? What does PETA scare you? A little too real?

scare me? they have such a loose grasp on reality i'm surprised
they don't just float away.
no, PETA is an evil organization that chooses to manipulate
people's emotions about animals in order for the board of directors
to maintain their 6 figues salaries. PETA doesn't give a rat's ass
about animal rights or welfare. they take perfectly healthy kittens
& puppies from no-kill shelters and euthanise them, then dump the
bodies in dumpsters. any animal taken to a PETA shelter is killed &
stuck in a giant freezer. they don't even TRY to find homes for
them. why? "because it costs too much". seriously, how anyone could
support these fruitcakes is beyond comprehension!
lee