Old 24-01-2009, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default My bulbs are coming up in Fife..help?

"Mitulove" wrote
I'm having trouble finding an answer to my question on google..I should
point out that I'm a fairly inexperienced gardener.

In the fall I planted many bulbs, and thought I had done everything as
I should have. However, when I was having a look around the garden a
couple days ago, I noticed that many of them already have a couple
inches of green poking up out of the ground. This includes daffodils,
which I would have thought would have come up much later. I come from
a part of the world where even crocuses wait until late February to
make an appearance. Are my bulbs coming up too early? Should I have
buried them deeper? Are they doomed?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

It's normal for bulbs, including Daffs, in the UK to show by now. Indeed
mine are a few inches tall.
Of course, if you aren't in the UK I can't say if that will be a problem for
your bulbs.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden