Old 24-01-2009, 11:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] kate@notme.com is offline

Default Planting garlic cloves

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 17:09:39 -0500, Phisherman
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:54:28 -0800, wrote:

Is it necessary to remove the husks from the separated
cloves? Or advisable?

Tx

Persephone

I didn't and they grew, at an amazing speed (it must have been the cow
manure). I planted them years ago in front of the roses to deter
aphids and grow them as a perennial. They come up every year, usually
start pushing up in late January (east TN). ..."Everywhere the devil
stepped, there sprouted a garlic plant. "

I think I removed the skins the first year I planted them but never
have since. Basically plant like you'd plant any bulb.

Kate - garlic - it's not just for breakfast