Old 25-01-2009, 12:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
The Cook The Cook is offline

Default Seeds arrived today in the mail

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 14:18:28 -0600, zxcvbob
wrote:

Gotta decide which ones to plant this weekend and which need to wait a
while. (I know it's still too early to start tomatoes.)

Probably start with the pepinos, eggplants, snapdragons (because they go
out early), and rocoto peppers. The rest of the peppers can wait until
late February, and the tomatoes and tomatillos some time in March.

This may be too early for the eggplants, I dunno... I've never had much
luck with eggplants up here.

Bob, in Minnesota (zone 4)

I am in western NC, not the mountains, zone 7. I start my eggplant in
late March and plant out in late May. I think they like heat like
peppers.

In your climate I would start them inside about the same time as I do,
maybe slightly earlier and keep the inside longer and plant out mid
June. If you keep them longer before planting out they may do better.
I have found that if I plant peppers and eggplant later than tomatoes,
they do better.

Just a thought.
--
Susan N.