Old 24-01-2009, 10:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Racoons

In another thread I think I mentioned a stubby tailed raccoon coming to the
squirrel feeder after dark. Well he brought a long tailed friend. I had to
chase them off twice, tossing the broom at them the 2nd time. This started
at 8pm, 10pm long-tail was back. Next night they waited till 2am, but my
son was up and scared them off. Hot wire my squirrel feeders? Usually there
isn't much in the feeders by evening... but apparently enough for them to
come check them out. I keep seeing raccoon road kill close by but these 2
seem to be too smart apparently. Hmmm....... ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us