Old 25-01-2009, 06:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default We will see if it can be fixed

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

Humans are NOT omnivores in the taxonomical sense because we can
digest animals. Would you drink monkey milk? Would you drink human
mother milk after you were weaned? After giving birth, do you think
human mothers should be hooked up to milking machines?

I need cites which prove humans are omnivores in their taxonomy.
Victoria

Omnivores (from Latin: omne all, everything; vorare to devour) are
species that eat both plants and animals as their primary food source.
They are opportunistic, general feeders not specifically adapted to eat
and digest either meat or plant material exclusively.[1] Pigs are one
well-known example of an omnivore.[2] Crows are another example of an
omnivore that many people see every day.[3] Humans are also
omnivores.[1][4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnivore

Our canine teeth aren't for eating plants. They are taxonomically
incorrect for herbivores. Molars are perfect for vegetables. There you
go, a little meat and a lot of veggies. On a vegetarian diet,
in the wild, we would be hard pressed to find rice and beans to supply
our diets with all the proteins that we "physiologically" require.

Taxonomy (morphological), to my understanding, has been discarded as an
evolutionary tool in favor of mitochondrial DNA.

Victoria, I know you are trying to help, but you are over the top girl.
The melodrama is over the top. Relax. Nobody here wants to stomp a
kitten. People eat meat and there is no sin. Animals eat animals and
there is no sin. If you are raising children, you will feed them. Some
day the bugs will get us. You aren't going to deny them, are you?
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars