Old 25-01-2009, 10:12 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Why are raised beds raised?

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
Why are raised beds raised?

I can see the point of separating the beds from the paths - so that you
can access the beds without treading on the earth.

What is the purpose of having the soil level higher than the surrounding
land?
--

It depends on your requirements. If you raise it high enough, wheelchair
gardeners can use it. If you put membrane under it, that will help with

And I'm sure there will be a few more I haven't mentioned.

Steve