Old 25-01-2009, 04:16 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Racoons

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 01:20:07 EST, Nick Cramer wrote:

Most road kills are critically injured and suffer a slow, painful death.
When I lived in the country, I carried a tire iron in the passenger
compartment of my car. If I came upon a mortally injured animal on the
road, I would perform an act of mercy. sigh

Not that I wish that upon them.... thankfully each one I've seen has been
DOA (my Arrival). And to be honest.... if it wasn't for eating my fish last
year I'd probably think it was cool to have them on the deck. I've watched
enough AP though to not encourage it. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us