Old 25-01-2009, 09:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default We will see if it can be fixed

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 02:25:31 +0000 (UTC), enigma
wrote:

what does milk of any kind have to do with eating meat?

Everything. We don't need milk after we're weaned. But somehow
parents teach their children meat is next.

and any human mother that needs to return to work, but still wishes
to provide her baby with breast milk certainly does hook herself up
to a milking machine. check out the Medela Pump in Style...

Right, provide her baby, baby key word. She wouldn't pump for her 12
year old, or for the household milk supply. She wouldn't take
hormones to stay in a state of pregnancy and delivery so her milk
continues. Do you know women who pump milk to serve her family?

I need cites which prove humans are omnivores in their taxonomy.

http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm

hth
lee

Your cite wrote:

Omnivorism

The key category in the discussion of human diet is omnivores, which
are defined as generalized feeders, with neither carnivore nor
herbivore specializations for acquiring or processing food, and who
are capable of consuming and do consume both animal protein and
vegetation. They are basically *opportunistic* feeders (survive by
eating what is available) with more generalized anatomical and
physiological traits, especially the dentition (teeth). All the
available evidence indicates that the natural human diet is omnivorous
and would include meat. We are not, however, required to consume
animal protein. We have a choice.

Clearly we are not omnivores by birth. We eat what's available. It's
a choice. So, right there in that statement it clearly defines we do
not need meat, rather we choose it. That does not make up omnivores.
We are also a society in which one out of two people will die of heart
disease due to clogged arteries. Hey, eat meat; gobble it down. No
sweat. My preference is to get what I need from plants, grains, nuts
and seeds. My health, as bad as it is, is probably better than most
simply based on the fat concent in my veins.
Victoria

http://gotbodhicitta-wangmo.blogspot.com/
Updated daily when able.

Will you please read the damn posts. No one is exhorting you to be a
carnivore. If you are going to be a vegan, you need to have access to
essential amino acids (the building blocks of protein), such as those
found in combining beans and rice (which aren't always found together in
the wild), otherwise you will be one sick puppy ;O)

Please read the posts and don't miss characterize them. It seems too
melodramatic, and you gain nothing from flogging a straw man.
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars