Old 26-01-2009, 03:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] info@taylorschoice.co.uk is offline

Default Japanese Knotweed problems

On Jan 26, 12:56*pm, Bigal wrote:
blast;827974 Wrote:

Hi

I'm carrying out some research for a documentary on Japanese Knotweed
and am trying to find out about people's personal experiences trying to
get rid of it. *

If you have been struggling to overcome knotweed in your home or
garden, I would be very grateful if you could get in touch. *

This is purely for research and there is no expectation that you will
be involved in the documentary. *

Hope you can help!

The town of Usk in Gwent (Monmouthshire) have an annual garden open day
in the summer where several gardens are opened to the public. * I
visited a couple of years ago and there was one very large garden (with
a lake) which had an area covered with Japenese knotweed. * The owners
had cut a path through the centre which seemed to stop the knotweed
from spreading. * Apparently it worked, why or how nobody knows. * One
theory was that the knotweed concentrated on growibg back into the
path, but this was kept clear by people walking on it.

--
Bigal

If you have a look at this page you can see some possible solutions to
Japanuse Knotweed problems http://horticulture.taylorschoice.co...hp?s=knot+weed