Old 27-01-2009, 05:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_7_] Billy[_7_] is offline

Default Growing Fennel

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

In article
,
Billy wrote:

In article ,
Omelet wrote:

Fennel is delicious roasted and ridiculously expensive at the store, so
I'm considering trying to grow some in a raised bed this year.

Has anyone ever grown them and how much water do they like?

I live in Central Texas near Austin.

Here, in northern California, they grow wild with no attention afforded
to them.

laughs I ought to shmack you for that!

Want to trade some more cactus pads for some?
But, point taken. In other words, they are easy to grow.
How dry is it where you live? We are in the middle yet another drought
and might end up with water rationing this summer.

Seriously, they are around $3.00 each at the grocery store.

No problem. I'll look for some tomorrow:O)
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind Bars