Old 27-01-2009, 05:32 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
ReelMcKoi ReelMcKoi is offline

Default Racoons

"~ jan" wrote in message
In another thread I think I mentioned a stubby tailed raccoon coming to

the
squirrel feeder after dark. Well he brought a long tailed friend. I had

chase them off twice, tossing the broom at them the 2nd time. This star

ted
at 8pm, 10pm long-tail was back. Next night they waited till 2am, but m

son was up and scared them off. Hot wire my squirrel feeders? Usually
there
isn't much in the feeders by evening... but apparently enough for them

come check them out. I keep seeing raccoon road kill close by but these

2
seem to be too smart apparently. Hmmm....... ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

You can try bringing them in at sundown. Put them back out in the morning
..
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.