Old 11-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Iris Cohen

Default Powdery mildew on Japanese Maple (acer palmatum)

one of my Japanese Maples, which seems to have a pretty bad case of powdery
mildew (fine white powder on the underside of the leaves). I don't really know
what has caused it - I have 2 maples and the other is fine (it is a bit more
developed, perhaps more disease resistant).
they get good part sun and virtually no wind,

There's your answer. To prevent powdery mildew, you need a little more sun, and
more air movement.
Iris,
Central NY, Zone 5a, Sunset Zone 40
train."