Old 29-01-2009, 02:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bill R Bill R is offline

Default Plants: - Sedum-web.jpg (1/2)

Donn Thorson wrote:

Gee, what did I start here...I thought this is suppose to be a fun place
to be. I don't plan to resize the pictures (there are hundreds that I
will be posting in the future). So post your own micro-sized pictures if
you like. If you don't like my pictures size, it's simple, don't view
them. It's like turning off the radio when you don't like the program.

-Donn

Donn,

You didn't start it. It has been going on for a few years now and
usually gets more active when someone posts a lot of BIG pictures.

You are right, its your choice and you can do what you want. However,
you should know that a lot of people will skip your posts because of
size. I know a lady who is a GREAT gardener and she loves looking at
other people's gardens. HOWEVER, she only has dialup, so your posts are
not ones she can view (your large posts take over 5 minutes to view via
her dialup connection) and she wasn't impressed by the several she saw
from you.

The idea when we created this group was to share our pictures with
others and I will still do that in a "reasonable" size or anyone can
view them. The "mine is bigger than yours" people (like yourself) that
have just about taken over this group are, IMO, just being snobbish.
Bigger does not make your pictures look better. And I could post
pictures just as large (or larger) as you do but I do have consideration
for the people that don't have hi speed connection or don't want to have
to do anything extra (like additional software) to view pictures.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL