Old 29-01-2009, 10:52 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Basketweaver Basketweaver is offline

Default Plants: - Sedum-web.jpg (1/2)

Regarding large photos, what's the purpose in posting photos larger than
will fit on our monitors without our resizing them? It tells me the poster
is too lazy to take the extra step and leaves that works to the viewers.

Wendy, your title after your signature gave me a laugh. Pam (the other top
poster)

"Wendy7" wrote in message
Oh yes! I am with Bill R from Ohio, agree that this feuding goes on
every time some posts these huge pic files.
We don't all have state of the art equipment or latest & greatest
I just can't take the time as I have several groups to visit so I just
"delete"
them especiall the big grainy ones. It seems to speed up my downloading &
I am not on dialup.
Cheers Wendy (the top poster) *G*

"Bill R" wrote in message
Donn Thorson wrote:

Gee, what did I start here...I thought this is suppose to be a fun place
to be. I don't plan to resize the pictures (there are hundreds that I
will be posting in the future). So post your own micro-sized pictures if
you like. If you don't like my pictures size, it's simple, don't view
them. It's like turning off the radio when you don't like the
program. -Donn

Donn,

You didn't start it. It has been going on for a few years now and
usually gets more active when someone posts a lot of BIG pictures.

You are right, its your choice and you can do what you want. However,
you should know that a lot of people will skip your posts because of
size. I know a lady who is a GREAT gardener and she loves looking at
other people's gardens. HOWEVER, she only has dialup, so your posts are
not ones she can view (your large posts take over 5 minutes to view via
her dialup connection) and she wasn't impressed by the several she saw
from you.

The idea when we created this group was to share our pictures with others
and I will still do that in a "reasonable" size or anyone can view them.
The "mine is bigger than yours" people (like yourself) that have just
about taken over this group are, IMO, just being snobbish. Bigger does
not make your pictures look better. And I could post pictures just as
large (or larger) as you do but I do have consideration for the people
that don't have hi speed connection or don't want to have to do anything
extra (like additional software) to view pictures.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Digital Camera - Pentax *ist DL