Old 30-01-2009, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default bleached paper

The message
from Martin contains these words:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:28:23 -0800 (PST), moghouse

wrote:
On 30 Jan, 13:48, Martin wrote:

It seems tea bags contain chlorine and dioxines. So, no more used
tea bags on
the garden )

Where has that Dutch good taste gone?

They never had any. BTW I'm not Dutch.

Tea bags are not fit to line
your dustbin.

UK supermarkets are stuffed with boxes of tea bags.

What is this concept. 'supermarket'?

The Dutch haven't had dustbins for decades.

You mean they actually *EAT* those tomatoes?

If you want a decent cup of tea buy leaf tea and mix two
thirds strong tea with one third Earl Grey and you will never use a
tea bag again!

I rarely use tea bags, I prefer coffee. The Dutch & Germans dunk tea bags in
warm water.

They get that close to water?

At a job interview in NL, I was given a drink whilst I was waiting. I
asked what
the curious tasting luke warm liquid in a plastic cup was. The answer
was "tea".

Take your usual dose of builders tea and put it in a pot. Break up (but
don't powder) cinnamon bark, mace, star anise, black cardamoms, black
peppercorns, dried root ginger in approximately equal quantities, and in
about half by proportion, add some whole cloves.

Add the usual amount of cold water and place the pot on a low heat.
Remove from heat just before it boils.

Learnt that recipe from an Indian friend back in the 1950s...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig