Old 31-01-2009, 02:07 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Whats a good Nectarine Tree to grow?

YMC wrote:
I was thinking of growing a Nectarine tree in my backyard. My Uncle
used to have a really great one - it produced these fantastic fruits
which we allowed to ripen on the branch - then we plucked them when
they were ripe. They were the most sweetest things I've ever tasted.
But they were very easily damaged by that stage; so I suspect thats
why you can't buy them at the supermarket.

Quite right you never will.

Any recommendations for a Nectarine tree?

I have May Grand, it is just as you describe and quite addictive.

David