Old 31-01-2009, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default bleached paper

The message
from "Pete C" contains these words:
Sheila wrote:

How do I know which paper is bleached/unbleached? I have been
putting paper in my compost heap, but just read you shouldn't put
bleached in......oh no, how do I find out!

'White' paper is either bleached or dyed. I hate to think what is in the
dye!

You can't dye something white.

Actually, it is bleached and if glossy, white clay is added, and it is
heat-treated. (Basically, ironed...)

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig