Old 11-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Essjay001

Default Grape Hyacinths

Warwick scribbled:

In article , robert29
@btinternet.com says...

heckety snip

Why are you such a prat?

I'm afraid you've stumbled on soeone who I don't *quite* class as a
troll but only for the amusement factor. Following up all of his/her
posts with one liners isn't an endearing trait though.

I had a run in with him/her a couple of months ago with regard to some
maple seeds I'd picked up on the mountains in Japan.

My point was perfectly well mad if a little uninformed.

It accused me of theft and riskig the plant population of the UK by
bringing in such a dangerous alien plant form and ransacked the entire
discussion before posting a triumphant piece of information from Defra
that they considered maple seeds to be of no risk at all and asking
why had I bothered arguing at all with my discussions and why hadn't
*I* gone to Defra and asked them myself.

The point is that you didn't know one way or the other.

I still haven't worked out how seeds dropped by trees in public places
turned into theft yet. Maybe I should be drafting in the local police
to get them geared up for the en-masse arrest of the school children
guilty of the theft of all those conkers every year.

As you are not a Japanese citizen you had no right to remove from Japan that
which did not belong to you.