Old 31-01-2009, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Online Purchasing

In article ,
lid says...
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 08:32:35 -0000, Charlie Pridham
wrote:

In article ,

says...
In message , Keith
wrote
Anyone tried Webbs Direct, and what did they think about it.

Avoid if they don't have a (physical) address on the web site.
Avoid if they don't have a contact phone number
Avoid if they don't offer next day delivery 7 days a week. (with the
better companies on the Net you can order 10pm and get delivery next day
at 9am.
Avoid if they use Parcel Force to deliver.

Whats wrong with parcel force? I find them very reliable

My experience was that they not only lost a large package worth GBP550, but they
also cheated on the tracking information. Neither I nor the company that shipped
the package to me will ever use them again

If they had done that to me I would probebly be of like mind! but we have
now sent 1,600 parcels with them and they have never lost one (but then
who would be tempted to steal plants!) and only on two occassions have
they not delivered on time, once was their fault as they cross labeled
the parcels and the other time the customer had supplied the wrong
address (he had forgotten he had moved!!) Our previous carrier had lost 1
package and delayed over 100
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk