Old 31-01-2009, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John E[_2_] John E[_2_] is offline

Default My bulbs are coming up in Fife..help?

"Martin" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 31 Jan 2009 02:32:20 GMT, Anne Welsh Jackson

wrote:

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
Mitulove wrote:

Well, I'd have said *THAT* was about right for a crocus, too. While I'm
a fair bit nearer the equator than you are in the Kingdom of Fife, East
Anglia is often just as cold.

Are my bulbs coming up too early?

No.

Should I have buried them deeper?

That I can't answer. 2" - 3" deep would sound about right to me. Now if
you had bluebells (wild hyacinth, not the Scottish bluebell, which we
call harebells...) about to flower, I'd be moving up to Fife!

Mine are "through" but not flowering...

How did you know that the OP is in Fife? Do tell...

It's hidden in the subject.

Eight hours too late, Martin. She got there before you!

Still, good to see that 'slow gardening' is still working over there. ;-)

--

John