Old 31-01-2009, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider Spider is offline

Default OT OT OT

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 30/1/09 18:22, in article , "Spider"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
Ray has just told me that this year exactly marks his 60th as a
Nurseryman.
So, as I feel a party coming on, what I'm wondering is whether anyone of
the
appropriate age can tell me roughly when the summer terms finished in
the
1940s in England? ;-) I think my own, in the 50s and 60s, ended in
late
July.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

I can't help you out with the term times, Sacha, but please pass on my
congratulations to Ray. That's what I call dedication!

Spider

The really lovely thing is that he's enjoyed every second of it. I truly
believe he wouldn't choose another way of life for all the tea in China.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
Perennials & shrubs online

That's great. I'm sure there aren't many people who have enjoyed their
career, vocation or life nearly so much. Mind you, half the tea in China
*is* a considerable temptation .. :~))