Old 01-02-2009, 12:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default bleached paper

~misfit~ writes

Yep. I went and bought a document shredder when they were on special last
year. We get a free local rag here twice a week, I shred it, two pages at a
time, and layer it between lawn clippings etc. on the compost heap. The
compost seems fine. shrug I don't use glossy paper or pages with
excesively large amounts of colour though. I don't use a lot of tea bags but
when I do, they go in too. :-)

I find newspapers rot down easily enough without shredding. Shredding
seems a lot of unnecessary work to me!
--
Kay