Old 01-02-2009, 04:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Pear Tree

The message
from "mark" contains these words:

I have recently acquired and installed a pear tree. I've not had fruit
trees before so I'm seeking any advice that will enhance my chances of
getting pears.

It is about 5 or 6 foot high and of similar width and grown more as a fan,
as previously near a fence. Do I put grease bands around the trunk and if
so when? When is it best to prune?

Whereabouts do you live?

Where and in what conditions will you plant it/is it planted?

What are the soil conditions, wind conditions, etc.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig