Old 02-02-2009, 08:52 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Growing Fennel

In article
,
yosef wrote:

On Jan 25, 9:49*pm, Omelet wrote:
Fennel is delicious roasted and ridiculously expensive at the store, so
I'm considering trying to grow some in a raised bed this year.

Has anyone ever grown them and how much water do they like?

I live in Central Texas near Austin.
--
Peace! Om

"Any ship can be a minesweeper. Once." -- Anonymous

Fennel grows really well in pots. I live in Houston, and fennel loved
it, though with lots of water. I grew it for the seeds.

Ok, thanks!

Do you get a lot of Tiger Swallowtail babies? They tend to go for
Fennel, Dill weed and Parsley. I used to grow some Parsley just for
them. ;-) I may do that again this year.