Old 02-02-2009, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
chris French chris French is offline

Default Online Purchasing

In message , Alan
writes
In message
,
Dave Hill wrote
On 31 Jan, 01:01, Alan wrote:
In message , Keith
wrote

Anyone tried Webbs Direct, and what did they think about it.

Avoid if they don't have a (physical) address on the web site.
Avoid if they don't have a contact phone number
Avoid if they don't offer next day delivery 7 days a week. (with the
better companies on the Net you can order 10pm and get delivery next day
at 9am.
Avoid if they use Parcel Force to deliver.
--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

I have NEVER found a firm that if you order at 10pm Saturday will
deliver 9am Sunday, come to that noone cantake an order at 10pm and
have it delivered across the country for 9am next day, I know of no
carrier that collects or accepts items for delivery after 7pm.
You must live in a different world to us mortals who live in the
country.
David hill

Then try ordering from Screwfix or CPC. In common with many companies
that run an automated stock control (including some with manual
picking/packing) the delivery company dumps one of or more their
trailers at the premises to be loaded by the company selling the goods.
They are then picked up for delivery overnight. I have had several
orders that were placed on line in the late evening delivered first
thing in the morning.

Yep, but that isn't the same as offering delivery on the Sunday late on
a Saturday, which is what you seemed to be claiming was available

Also depends on the company, biggies such as screwfix or Ebuyer can have
these sorts of arrangements, smaller companies can't, they don't do that
amount of business
--
Chris French