Old 02-02-2009, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Snowdrops in the green

Judith in France wrote:
On 2 Feb, 11:07, "Jeff Layman" wrote:
Pam Moore wrote:
Does anyone know of a good, reasonably priced mail-order supplier of
Snowdrops in the green? Prices seem to vary a lot on the sites I've
looked at.
My sight doesn't make easy reading of magazines so I don't take mags
any more but if anyone sees an ad there please let me know.
Ijust want the ordinary galanthus nivalis, no expensive £3 a bulb
types!!!
Thanks in advance
Pam in Bristol

Has anyone here grown snowdrops successfully from dry bulbs? The books say
that you are doomed to failure if you try, but I just wondered if anyone has
tried, and what happened.

--
Jeff

I have, in the first year they all came up but only some flowered, the
second year they all flowered, I didn't lose any.

Judith

I also have, about 75% success. However I have since planted in the
green, sadly though there are less this year than last. Very saddened.