Old 02-02-2009, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Soft fruit cuttings help please

The message
from "Bertie Doe" contains these words:
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...

/prune/

For support can I use some of my surplus 9' bamboos horizonalwize - rather
than wires?

I've never supported raspberries.

Remember to net summer-fruiting raspberries, or the blackbirds will have
the lot. For some reason, autumn-fruiting ones don't seem to register as
'food' to them.

I saw reference on the net to aphid pests. My brainwave was to put nuts out
to attract the birds. Problem is, they may be more partial raspberries and
peanuts.

Birds that eat aphids and/or peanuts won't bother with raspberries,
though the aphid-eating ones might dismember them if they get to know
that they may harbour maggots...

It's the blackbirds you have to contend with.

I must have tempted providence - it's started to snow -

Providence (irritably): "Sky God! Push some clouds over there - and pull
the snow-release lever! Immediately!"

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig