Old 02-02-2009, 08:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bertie Doe Bertie Doe is offline

Default Soft fruit cuttings help please

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
The message from "Bertie Doe" contains these words:
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message

/prune/

For support can I use some of my surplus 9' bamboos horizonalwize -
rather
than wires?

I've never supported raspberries.

We're at 450' on a very exposed hillside, strong gales etc. Mind you, the
RHS wibble, didn't seem to have supported rasps.

Remember to net summer-fruiting raspberries, or the blackbirds will
have
the lot. For some reason, autumn-fruiting ones don't seem to register
as
'food' to them.

I believe fleece can be used, cheaper than netting, but may only last a
season.